Sunday, August 17, 2014

Greatest Hits


I've been writing this blog for four years now, and I've learned a lot about the plants, animals and insects that appear in our garden.  Plus, I've been able to enjoy some really great food along the way.

So I though I would post links to some of my favorite posts from the early years so anyone who missed their original appearance could see them now.  They're also available in the Archives section on the right side of the page.

Plants.  We found these interesting Mystery Nuts cached in a corner of one of the raised beds, so, of course, we planted them.....
      I thought the Leek Flower looked like something created by Dr. Seuss.
      The birds and the bees usually do this:  Sex In The Garden.

Animals.  My all time favorite animal post is the one about the Gray Fox that Cindy saw climbing on our car one morning: Number One Reason Not To Have Chickens .
Followed closely by #2.  Cock-A-Doodle.
And then there are our cats, and the lizards that fascinate them:   Lizard Patrol .
And, of course, one of our favorite Varmints.

Bugs.  Mystery bug--the  Katydid .
Some great pictures of a Monarch butterfly forming a Chrysalis and hatching .

Food:  Meatballs, a recipe we've since refined by adding a quarter teaspoon each of cocoa and cinnamon--yum.  And also Mozzarella Madness-- who knew you could make your own cheese? (Well, lots of people knew, but that didn't include me until we tried it.)

Adventures: No Going Back(ward) .  And the Flower Thieves.

I think that's enough for now.  Thanks for reading my blog, it's been fun!


No comments: