Sunday, April 5, 2020

Providing Sport For The Neighbors

Since "walking" cats involves prolonged periods of stopping to stare into the shrubbery waiting for invisible lizards to appear, I've been doing my Tai Chi Chih movements while I'm waiting for Princess to move on to something else.

I'm sure this has provided great amusement for our neighbors; we know they're already entertained by seeing cats walking around our yard on leashes, but seeing me doing the slow arm movements of Tai Chi Chih probably has them wondering about our sanity, too.

But I don't care what anyone thinks.  Since we've been walking the cats, both my back and my knees have been feeling much better, so I'm happy about that.

As Mr. Bennett says in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, "For what do we live but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn."

No comments: