Monday, August 15, 2011

Anniversary

Today is the first anniversary of this blog!  It's been a good year for the garden and I've learned a lot by doing the blog.

I've enjoyed taking the photos, and I always learn something, too, because I ask Cindy about the plants, or I do some research on the various animals before I post anything.  In the past year I've learned about KatydidsWestern Fence Lizards, Clarimore Zucchini, Monarch ButterfliesMarah macrocarpus (Wild cucumber), and many other interesting plants and animals.

We've also eaten very well, with tomatoes, zucchini, snap peas, Oregon Giant peas, green beans, violet beans, leeks, onions, basil, parsley, tarragon, lemon verbena, thyme, sage, rosemary, and who knows what else.  We have a Cinderella Pumpkin growing in the back that just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger that will eventually become many pumpkin pies.

It's been a very interesting year.

No comments: