Monday, January 7, 2013

The Extravagant Perfume of Orange Blossoms

After The Deer Pruned It
The citrus tree that was so severely pruned by the deer last January (See New Garden Mystery) has bounced back nicely and is now loaded with leaves and white blossoms.

And those blossoms are giving off the unmistakable scent of orange blossoms.  This was one of the bushes we thought had been mislabled by the nursery, but it's now clear that this really is an orange.

I love the scent of orange blossoms; I'm almost overwhelmed by the wonderful scent every time I walk past this plant.  It always reminds me of the first time Cindy and I went to Temecula.  It was March and she drove down from Riverside and I came up from San Diego to meet at the Mount Palomar winery to consult on a project we were both working on.

I drove home through the numerous orange groves with my windows down so I could smell the orange blossoms all the way.

Today
So now we have our own orange blossoms, and they  remind me of that meeting every time I smell them.

Wonderful.


No comments: