Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pot Lifter

Cindy wanted to move the pots containing the three citrus trees (we still don't know what they are) last weekend, so we hitched up the Pot Lifter, picked each of them up and moved them to where she wanted them.  This thing is great for moving heavy objects, whether it's a potted plant, a big rock or whatever.  It's basically a sling that snaps around the pot or rock; gravity makes the nylon straps stretch tight and you use the handles to lift the object.  It takes two people, but it's amazing how easy it is to lift heavy objects and carry them to where you want them.

When Cindy told me she wanted a pot lifter a couple of years ago, I assumed she was talking about a piece of kitchen equipment for moving soup pots or something like that.  I scoured kitchen stores looking for such a thing:  Great News, Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, The Pot Rack in Jacksonville, but no luck.  Nobody knew what I was talking about.

Finally, in the Lee Valley Catalog, I finally had a blinding revelation:  "Oh, it's a piece of GARDEN equipment."  Duh.  Anyway, I got it for her and my back and my knees have been very grateful for it ever since.

No comments: